Sites to follow:
- Education Commission of the States: 2019 State Education Policy Watch List
- The Global Day of Design (#GDD19) is May 6th. Read an article on Ajjuliani.com
- Philly Codefest 2019, Drexel University’s premier hackathon for social good, happened May 4-5. It was dedicated to generating real-world, scalable solutions to help end economic inequality in Philadelphia. Presented by Drexel University College of Computing & Informatics and Comcast-NBCUniversal. See the video below.
- Texas Tech Health Sciences Center agrees to stop using race in medical school admissions, by Laura Meckler, April 9
- Is Alexa the newest teaching assistant? by Alexis Van Horn, April 3
- Legislative Update: Administration Budget Request Would (Again) Cut Funding for Key Ed Programs, by Jodi Peterson, March 18, 2019
- National Science Foundation Grant Supports University Of Illinois plan to involve school counselors and STEM clubs to propel more women, minorities and low-income students into science and engineering fields.
- Lawmakers strip climate change from K-12 standards (Feb. 2018) and more recently, South Dakota House panel passes science bill despite critics from K-12 (Feb. 2019)
- Bias and Stereotypes Sideline Girls in STEM (Oct. 2015) and more recently, It’s Belief, Not Ability, That Makes Girls Think STEM Is Not For Them (Feb. 2019)
- Teachers’ Beliefs About the Nature of Intelligence Affect Minority Students’ STEM Grades (Feb. 2019)
- Diversity Delusions at North Carolina (Feb. 2019)
- DC’s radical departure from STEM apathy culture (Feb. 2019)